Dress To Impress
Everyone has a product idea, his or her gold nugget to make the American Dream a reality. We hear about a lot of them since we had a successful golf business. Some ideas are great, some have been done and some are a bit far fetched.
Recently a gal had the idea of a golf dress. Actually her idea was conceived ten years ago, but funding was a problem. She had spent quite a sum on samples that were made in NYC and now it tugs at her heart.
Maybe it’s time to bring it to fruition she asks?
She pulled out her samples and yes, they were unique and really nice but I pulled up all the companies from the PGA Merchandise Show that offered dresses and to our amazement it totaled 32. Ten years ago it was a novel idea and now it might still work with the right capital and marketing.
The golf swing feels so comfortable and fluid while wearing a dress. So, maybe if one of the cute LPGA gals finds that to be true, the trend will catch on faster.
Meanwhile, some of these golf dresses are superb off the course for sight seeing or shopping as well as golf.
Some of my favorites are by:
- Sail Blue multi dress from their Beyond Blue collection which was donned by a manikin at Tucker’s Point in Bermuda.
- Claudia Dress in Angora (a creamy beige) is nice enough for office or dinner wear but not so nice after a glass of red wine is splashed all over it. The manager at French Lick insisted on having it cleaned and mailed it to my home, just like new.
- Their line of dresses are reversible, designed by actress Kristy Swanson, the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
- Graphic S Design dress is a 3 color paneled dress that is sleeveless and non-collared. Features a round neckline, have a nice drape, resilient stretch fabric that keeps it’s shape and moves with you
Tee 2 Sea
- A mom and daughter collection of soft pastel prints for board walking and aiding sea turtles.
- The Aqua Paisley golf dress has the perfect summer color and patterns. It looks fabulous on the course with spikes, is perfect for shopping with a pair of sandals, or wear it with a pair of heels for dinner and nightlife.
- Inspired by scuba, the style is stretchy with a fun full front zipper.
The list may go on with 27 more companies to check out for dress up.WHAT'S YOUR REACTION?